Adaptable leader with 5+ years of operations management and supervisory experience underscored by deep process improvement and program expertise. Self-starter, team builder and relationship manager known for leadership, product knowledge, and consistency in goals attainment. Passion for inspiring teams to achieve business results and operational excellence while driving company values and mission.
- Program Operations
- Training Development
- Vendor Management
- Operational Compliance
- Customer Relations
- Conflict Resolution
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Contract Management
CLIENT RELATIONS SUPERVISOR Sept 2014 – Present
SugarMountain Seattle, WA
Oversee performance management and quality improvements for upscale dining service with 25 indirect employees. Plan, schedule, and lead daily meetings while simultaneously serving 20+ tables per night. Monitor and report on client requirements, inventory, feedback and lessons learned for large events.
· Orchestrated event planning as key point of contact (POC) for event hosts and presentation facilitator for audiences of 100+, maintaining budgets of up to $35K, and directing five staff members.
· Tapped as final trainer coaching new hires and driving decision-making for employee hiring and termination.
· Spearheaded training program development collaborating with key stakeholders on educational output and monitoring employee and customer reviews to measure and correct performance issues.
· Launched cork recycling program, aligning messaging with business sustainability goals, partnering with industry leading collection company on eco-friendly product and carbon negative initiatives.
· Promoted into supervisory role in 2015 based on service excellence.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE April 2014 – Sept 2016
Bin on the Lake Kirkland, WA
Drove sales support for upscale dining service with seasonal customer base. Facilitated departmental training and development for new hires. Conducted monthly planning and weekly scheduling for team of six.
· Managed vendor relationships conducting 12+ meetings per week to determine new product selections.
· Developed wine programs for rotating wall of 85 wines with bottle list of 250+ using Photoshop and Publisher to design menu layouts and new item rollouts.
· Negotiated 15% reduction in wholesale inventory pricing through creative purchasing practices.
RESTAURANT SERVER July 2012 – April 2013
Urban Solace San Diego, CA
Delivered stellar customer service for fast-paced restaurant offering casual dining experience and top rated menu.
· Established new beer program collaborating with 300+ vendors to facilitate new beverage rotation model while defining and leading group training sessions.
· Secured top three ranking week over week out of 30 servers servicing 8+ tables at once with $1700 in sales.
LEAD SERVER May 2008 – March 2012
Flying Fish Seattle, WA
Adapted on-the-ground marketing and sales to diverse customer types/needs to deliver best-in-class experience. Led training and mentoring for 25 servers on operational procedures, policies and best practices.
· Recognized as top earner by general manager with consistent top three ranking out of 20+ servers.
· Selected as part of transition team for restaurant relocation delivering feedback to management on restaurant operations to ensure seamless service during three-month ramp-up.
OPERATIONS MANAGER Sept 2004 – April 2007
B.R. GUEST, LLC New York, NY
Managed hiring, training, and mentoring for 120+ employees at upscale restaurant conglomerate. Corresponded with corporate office and HR, legal, and PR departments on staff, logistics, metrics and marketing.
· Reversed declining trends for four restaurants within two months as sole member on 4-person “restaurant fixer” team to continue operations for all assigned locations.
· Instituted customer feedback and loyalty program consistently meeting and exceeding rewards system goals of 200 signups per week per outlet.
· Slashed ticket times 15% and reduced waste 25% by implementing new expeditor roles to streamline service and line operations while improving customer relations.
· Performed administrative duties such as invoicing, event payment processing, payroll and constructing new organizational systems for office records and filing.
· Improved customer service by leading “service points” educational program for wait staff.
· Implemented new marketing and community development initiatives boosting sales up to 40% per location.
· Promoted twice by director of operations based on outstanding sales performance and guest reviews.
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON | Seattle, WA 2015
Bachelor of Arts | Social Sciences
SHORELINE COLLEGE | Seattle, WA 2012
Associate of Arts | Marketing
CAPM | Currently pursuing PMI’s CAPM certification
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Publisher), Google Docs, Google Sheets
Adventure Traveler | Traversed 17 countries and all 48 contiguous states
Water Steward and Community Educator | Seattle Tilth Alliance
Event Coordinator | Songs for Paws | Raised $8K for River’s Wish Animal Sanctuary non-profit organization
Event Planner | Shoreline Community College Annual Charity Golf Event | Voted MVP for fundraising $25K+
Community Volunteer | North Helpline Food Bank